Sunday 24 October 2010

Star Cruise to Penang and Phuket.

I was just sorting through my SD cards when I found one which has some travel photos and videos taken while I was on holiday on the Super Star Virgo some time ago. Nice memories and I would like to share some of these. I could just plonk these in my investment blog, ASSI, but since I am trying to declutter that blog, I started a new blog for these:

This is the ship's pool deck with their new water slide:

Penang's Cruise Centre which was still under construction on this trip:

A spanking new mall, Queensbay Mall:

A must whenever I visit Penang is a visit to this shop to buy Nutmeg Oil, which is good for muscle aches, headaches and stomach aches. Apparently, Penang makes the best Nutmeg Oil, being home to vast nutmeg plantations. My Malaysian friends tell me to only buy Nutmeg Oil from Penang and not Melaka:

These were the tenders which ferried us between the ship and Penang. Now, it's no longer necessary as the cruise centre in Penang has been completed and cruise ships could dock next to the cruise centre. So, passengers could just walk down a ramp from the ship to go on land. My parents and I used the new cruise centre when we took the same ship to Penang earlier this year.
Our ship, Super Star Virgo, as taken through the window of a tender on our way back to the ship:

A beautiful sunrise as we got into Phuket, which was a lot more fun than Penang:

Plenty of these wooden boats with propellars on very long shafts in Patong Beach:

 Taxis or "tut-tuts" in Phuket:

Lunch in Phuket Town, authentic "Pat Tai":

Nothing like a cool glass of coconut juice topped with succulent coconut flesh in the sweltering afternoon heat.  Guess what? It was only 60c a glass! I had 4 glasses!

Patong Beach in the late afternoon:

Very reassuring. The Thais are ready if a tsunami ever hits again:

Beautiful, isn't it?

Makes me wanna pack my bags and go off on a holiday again.
Going Phuket? Enjoy up to 30% off when you book with ZUJI!

No comments: