Saturday 3 December 2011

Nov 2011 in Hong Kong: Rosedale On The Park (Causeway Bay).

One of the more common questions I am always asked when I travel is, "Which hotel did you stay at?"

Rosedale On The Park (Victoria Park, that is.)

This trip to Hong Kong, I got a very good deal from ZUJI. I booked a junior suite in Rosedale On The Park (Causeway Bay) for about S$220.00 a night. If you are doing a double take, you are not the only one. All my friends said it was a steal! Yes, the published rate is about S$450.00 a night.

Living and dining room with a kitchenette.

At S$220.00 a night, most would be hard pressed to even get a standard room in a 4 or 5 star hotel in Hong Kong towards end of the year, especially in locations such as Causeway Bay! 

The entrance to the bedroom
Loved the beds. I slept so well the four nights I was there.
Another TV was provided in the bedroom. The wardrobe and bathroom are to the right in this photo. The open doorway leads back into the living area.
House slippers, bathrobes and a safebox in the wardrobe. Quite standard items.
Longbath and all.
Rosedale seems like a pretty new hotel. It is across the road from Victoria Park and has a large 24 hours Wellcome supermarket just two or three streets away.

Hotel lobby was located on the second floor.
A view of the entrance to the hotel from the second floor lobby.
A tram stop (Shelter Street) is just outside the hotel. Well, maybe a one minute walk away.

Shelter Street Tram Stop. They had two directions: eastbound and westbound.
I took the trams everyday when I was on this trip. Each trip cost only HK$2.30 regardless of distance! Take in the sights! It is more fun than taking the MTR but much slower, of course. Hey, I was on a vacation!

Here comes a tram!

Next time I am in Hong Kong on vacation, I am going to take every single tram service from start to end. Talk about inexpensive sightseeing tours!

The nearest MTR entrance is about a five minutes walk away (towards the 24 hours Wellcome Supermarket I mentioned earlier). Name of the MTR station: Causeway Bay. What else?

No comments: