Saturday 15 August 2015

Super Star Gemini: Langkawi, the duty free island.

The last time I visited Langkawi was more than 10 years ago.

If you like to buy some local stuff, Langkawi is where you get them cheaper because it is a duty free island. So, of course, we joined the shopping tour.


Langkawi Fair. A modern mall.
My mom bought a pair of sandals here and saved 60%!
Some other shops in the mall.
What's this? So cheap?

Sigh.
This duty free complex near Cenang beach.
This is a good place to buy local foodstuff.
The are also many quaint little shops that line the road.
They reminded me of Phuket or Bali but less crowded.
Cenang beach.

Looks like beaches in Phuket or Bali?
I think I might consider an extended stay in Langkawi in future. Sounds like a good idea?

Related post:
Super Star Gemini: Penang.

No comments: