Friday 14 August 2015

Super Star Gemini: Penang.

It has been a while since I last visited Penang. On this trip, I really want to go and have some Penang hawker food. So, we signed up for a shopping tour that would bring us to a hawker centre as well.

The tour started with a visit to the second Penang bridge which was completed last year in March. Not many drivers use this bridge because it is twice the length of the first bridge!

Start of the second bridge.
Could the crooked bridge proposed by Mr. Mahathir have looked like this?
Back to Penang islang using the first bridge. Big difference in road traffic.

We made a stop at Queensbay Mall. I like this huge shopping mall more than the ones at Gurney. Definitely, I prefer this to Prangin Mall which was messy and reminded me of People's Park Complex in Singapore.

Queensbay Mall
Police post outside the mall.
Don't buy too much here in Penang if you are going to Langkawi (which is duty free).
Inside the mall.
Of course, the tour bus would stop at some tourist traps. I didn't buy anything from them this time.


Penang hawker food next!



Penang Fried Kway Teow!
Assam Laksa!
Prawn Mee! They call it Hokkien Mee.
We have our own name for this but they call it Lor Bak in Penang.
Wanton Mee is different from Singapore's but I like it. RM4.00. Cheap!
Now, you know another reason why I went to the gym (while on the cruise) twice. Sedap! Burp!

Related post:
Star Cruise to Penang and Phuket.

No comments: